Earth & Lime Plaster Workshop: Santa Fe, NM
I held an earthen and lime plaster workshop through the non-profit organization Adobe in Action in late October 2016. The workshop was held at a very special property on the southside of Santa Fe. Day 1 of the workshop was dedicated to an exterior earthen plaster which was applied to an adobe garden wall. Day 2 of the workshop focused on the mixing and application of an interior lime plaster finish coat.
Key education takeaways:
- sourcing clay soil in the Santa Fe, NM area
- sourcing plaster aggregates in the Santa Fe, NM area
- on-site lime putty production
- hawk & trowel application techniques of earthen and lime plasters
- finishing techniques for interior lime plaster (floating & hard troweling)