News | Projects | Announcements
MARCH 2013 | PROJECT: Joshua Tree Earth Oven
Just finished this earth oven in a 3-day workshop with a great group of students in Pioneertown, California together with Adobe is Not Software.
Some project details:
1. the oven base is made of adobe bricks and earthen mortar
2. the oven floor is insulated with glass bottles wrapped in light straw clay
3. the oven floor is made of 40 fire bricks
4. the dome thickness (thermal layer plus light-straw-clay insulation layer) totals 10"
5. the earthen plaster is strengthened with wheat paste
Keep an eye on the Adobe is Not Software website for the next earth oven class which will most likely take place in Los Angeles in the fall of 2013.
JANUARY 2013 | ANNOUNCEMENT : Joshua Tree Earthen Oven Class - March 8-10
Hello everyone and happy 2013,
Together with Adobe is Not Software, I am teaching a 3-day earthen oven workshop near Pioneertown, California in the Joshua Tree area. The workshop runs from Friday, March 8 to Sunday, March 10, 2013. More details can be found here:
The early-bird registration discount ends on February 8th. Registration can be completed directly online here:
An earth oven workshop is a great way to become familiar with the basics of adobe construction. Many of the topics covered can also be applied to the construction of an adobe home.
Thanks for reading and hope to see you there! March is a wonderful time to spend a few days in the Joshua Tree area.